Stats: 30,168 versions of 1,984 programs
Pick a software title... to downgrade to the version you love!
VMware Player 3.1.4 Change Log
* In Player 3.1, the default main memory VA cache size (mainMem.vaCacheSize) for 32-bit Windows guests was reduced to accommodate 3D emulation memory requirements. However, the reduced value resulted in performance loss. For 3.1.4, the default main memory VA cache size has been be increased to 1000 MB and performance is improved.
* Because Player failed to identify more than 10 USB host controllers in newer Windows guests, some USB devices did not appear in the Removable Devices menu. Now Player shows all USB devices in the Removable Devices menu as long as they are connected to the first identified 16 USB controllers.
* The application vmware-modconfig UI could not start up in a KDE 4 session in a SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 11 environment.
* VMware Tools upgrade could be started by a non-administrator user from the VMware Tools Control Panel in a Windows guest. In this release, only administrator users can start VMware Tools upgrade from the VMware Tools Control Panel. To prevent non-administrator users from starting VMware Tools upgrade from a guest by using other applications, set isolation.tools.autoinstall.disable to TRUE in the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file.
* When a virtual machine running on a Windows host was used to access an Omron Industrial CP1L Programmable Logic Controller, Player generated an unrecoverable error.
* When using NAT virtual networking on Windows hosts, the traceroute command did not work when used within virtual machines.
* The Easy Install feature did not work for Fedora 14 guest operating systems.
* During VMware Tools installation on a Fedora 14 64-bit guest operating system, the following warning message was generated while building the vsock module: case value '255' not in enumerated type 'socket_state'.
* The Easy Install feature did not work for Red Hat Linux 6 guest operating systems.
* The VMware Tools HGFS provider DLL caused a deadlock when making calls to the WNetAddConnection2 function from an application such as eEye Rentina in a Windows guest operating system.
* There was no option to disable guest time sync when a host resumes. Now you can set time.synchronize.resume.host to FALSE in the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file to disable guest time sync when a host resumes.
* Setting a hidden attribute on a file in a shared folder from a Windows guest on a Linux host failed with an error. This problem caused applications such as SVN checkout to fail when checking out to shared folders on Linux hosts from Windows guests.
VMware Player 3.1.4 Screenshots
VMware Player 3 Builds
- VMware Player 5.0.1
- VMware Player 5.0.0
- VMware Player 4.0.4
- VMware Player 4.0.3
- VMware Player 4.0.2
- VMware Player 4.0.1
- VMware Player 4.0.0
- VMware Player 3.1.5
- VMware Player 3.1.3
- VMware Player 3.1.2
- VMware Player 3.1.1
- VMware Player 3.1.0
- VMware Player 3.0.1
- VMware Player 3.0.0
- VMware Player 2.5.3
- VMware Player 2.5.2
- VMware Player 2.5.1
- VMware Player 2.5.0
- VMware Player 2.0.5
- VMware Player 2.0.4
- VMware Player 2.0.3
- VMware Player 2.0.2
- VMware Player 2.0.1
- VMware Player 2.0.0
- VMware Player 1.0.4
- VMware Player 1.0.3