Stats: 30,168 versions of 1,984 programs
Pick a software title... to downgrade to the version you love!
TrueCrypt 6.2 Change Log
* The I/O pipeline now uses read-ahead buffering, which improves read performance especially on solid-state drives, typically by 30-50%. (Windows)
Improvements, bug fixes, and security enhancements:
* The boot loader now supports motherboards with BIOSes that reserve large amounts of base memory (typically for onboard RAID controllers). Note: In order to be able to take advantage of this improvement under Windows Vista, you will have to install Service Pack 1 or higher first. Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista resolved an issue causing a shortage of free base memory during system boot. (Windows Vista/XP/2008/2003)
* Mounting using the 'Auto-Mount Devices' feature may take significantly less time as partitions containing unencrypted filesystems are now skipped. (Windows)
* When volumes that are mounted as read-only or removable are saved as favorite volumes, they are mounted as read-only and/or removable when 'Mount Favorite Volumes' is used.
* When a multiple-pass wipe algorithm is selected when performing in-place encryption of a non-system volume, the header areas will be wiped before the encrypted headers are written to the disk. Note: On an existing volume, you can perform such an operation by changing its password and/or keyfiles. (Windows)
* Many other minor improvements, bug fixes and security enhancements. (Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux)